Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Making top and second storey

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
How do you make a door to the top and a second storey? I am considering making one and I need to know what to do. So far, I understand most stuff, but this is confusing me!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
TheMagicTaco said:
How do you make a door to the top and a second storey?

Thats a bit difficult to understand! I might be able to help you if you could rephrase it a bit - do you mean a door which extends to the second level, or a door for the first level and then you want information on building a second level?

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
I have to make a closed cage, and I need a little door for it. And I want an upper level for them to climb up.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
OK.

To make the door you use cable/zip ties. Pull them so that they pull the grids almost together, but not quite. Leave all the other sides, so that just one side of the grid is attached, and you have a swinging door. If you want to make a door which is one complete one for 2 levels, then you simply attach a door above the lower level door, and tie the bottom one to the top one. If that makes sense!

To make a second storey, just imagine building a separate cage on top of the first level, but leave one grid out in the side so that you can have a ramp leading from floor 1 to floor 2.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Thanks!
Hey, in your photos, you have carpeting for your cage! Is it actual carpet or towels? If it is carpet, what's it made out of?

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
It's carpet in the whole cage. It's really short carpet with like a mesh/hessian backing - that's all I know about it!

naturestee

Cavy Slave
I'm wondering what would be good for the floor on the second story. I have rabbits that chew on everything, so it has to be chew-safe. Non-slip is also big because there is no ramp- they like to jump up. And non-absorbant. I am currently using plywood but they are not completely littertrained yet. Eww.

Any ideas? I know it's a lot of requirements.:eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.