Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Coroplast base insert for midwest cages

tt514tt514

Cavy Gazer
Is it possible to keep the divider (the divider with ramps that separates the kitchen area and living room area) with the midwest coroplast base that is sold on the guinea pig cages online store?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I don't know, but I would get rid of the divider. It's not a good situation for pigs--cutting their available space (which isn't that big to begin with) in two.

tt514tt514

Cavy Gazer
I don't know, but I would get rid of the divider. It's not a good situation for pigs--cutting their available space (which isn't that big to begin with) in two.

it is not a true divider, it has two ramps that connect the two areas. It just seems that it has a built in kitchen and living room area. I was debating either doing that or just buy a C&C cage with a kitchen coroplast insert to put in it. It just seems way easier to maintain when you have a bedding kitchen area and fleece living room area.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
The problem is that the entrance where the two ramps connect is small. I can foresee trouble if one pig wants to come through while another wants to.

The cage is small to begin with. To divide it like that makes the uninterrupted floor space even smaller.

caitlinbenosky

Cavy Slave
i would just go with the c&c, tbh. i considered the midwest as well, and i'm so glad i decided against it. i've been able to alter my cage how i wanted it, and how it fit my needs. you can't do that with midwest. and what if you decide to get more pigs? you can't stack them. i know some of them you can connect, but it'd be better just to be able to adjust the c&c as you go.

MrCavyMadness

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have the midwest cage and yes it is possibe, I have a friend who does it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.