Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Covering the Storage place

JennG

Cavy Slave
Ok I've been trying to figure out what to use to cover the storage area that the girls' cage sits on. I've used clothes pins to hold up extra piece of fleece. It didn't hold up well. I bought some black material, cut it and used an extra long thin curtain rod but I don't have a sewing machine to sew the material so I could get it to hang from the rod. I tried hand sewing but it took forever (and it frade).

I went to Goodwill the other day and found a Minnie Mouse valance. I bought it and it fits perfectly. I'll try and get pics up of it. I had to use zip ties for the ends and left them loose enough to slide the rod in & out when I need to take it off. It droop in the middle, so I cut a small hole in the middle of the material and slid a zip tie through it as well. It looks alot better and hides all the supplies under the cage. :cheerful:

ScottandDebbie

Cavy Champion
Cavy Slave
Hi Jenn,

We have a cage which inner bottom is made of coroplast and under the corpolast is plywood. We build a fame under, onto the plywood, and attached wooden table legs to the cage base. The table legs brings the cage up to our waist level, and allows tons of room for storing piggy food, their travel cages, etc..

The cage is in our master bedroom and we wanted the decor of the cage to match our decor of our bedroom, so I took a matching bed-skirt and attached it to the bottom edge of the cage grids. I tied the bed-skirt on by sewing several cloth ties onto the top edge of the bed-skirt. I then tied the bed-skirt directly onto the cage's grids.

It took me all of an hour to size the bed-skirt, make the ties and attach to the cage.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=4058&password=&sort=1&cat=last14&page=4

I would love to see a picture of your cage. Sounds really cute.

JennG

Cavy Slave
I love your decorated cage. It just blends in, doesn't it? I need to take a picture because I'm going to revise it...again. This'll make revision #4. Whew! And I've only had piggies since July. I've gone bigger and bigger. My last revision is rather hard to clean and killing my back. I've done some rearranging of bedrooms and will make their cage an L shape. More room, easier cleaning.

PS That was a good idea. I may have to do that. My current valance won't be long enough to go around the whole bottom of the cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.