PDA

View Full Version : Liners Quilted uhaul blanket

Candy_doodle
05-20-14, 04:50 pm
When I sent my husband out for uhaul pads, at first he came home with the quilted uhaul blanket. I sent him back for the right one but he didn't return the other.
So...my question is...can I use that quilted blanket to sew in between the fleece, to make some lap pads?
I just want something my daughter can use while holding our piggies on her lap, while on the bed. And I also would like to make a pad to cover the length of her bed to use while we have them out.

I know I've read that they shouldn't be used as the absorbant layer in cage liners. So I wanted to see if it would be ok as lap pads. Thanks!

oldnewie
05-21-14, 05:50 pm
Why not use on its own? If I remember rightly, the quilted top is polyester which, I'm guessing, could be pretreated so that it will wick like fleece (fleece is polyester).
If it will wick, you could even use it as a top layer in the cage.

MrCavyMadness
05-21-14, 05:53 pm
Guineapigmarket.com sells them, and have amazing customer service! it is kinda pricey but i've learned the customer service is worth every penny.

oldnewie
05-21-14, 05:53 pm
Oh sorry, I read your post too fast. Same thing though, it could be used as a protective top on the bed, but I'm sure it would still have to be pretreated like fleece.

adeline13
05-21-14, 11:06 pm
Could I use them to substitute my fleece?

oldnewie
05-22-14, 03:14 am
As long as it is polyester, and it can be made to wick, I reckon it should be a great replacent for fleece. If it will wick, thete shouldn't be the problem of hay & stuff sticking to it, smell etc.
Maybe this is a chance to give it a try & let us know how you get on?

adeline13
05-22-14, 04:02 am
As long as it is polyester, and it can be made to wick, I reckon it should be a great replacent for fleece. If it will wick, thete shouldn't be the problem of hay & stuff sticking to it, smell etc.
Maybe this is a chance to give it a try & let us know how you get on?
Oh yes please try and let me know how it goes

Candy_doodle
05-22-14, 10:57 am
Thanks for the replies everyone!
Since I have it, I may as well try it. I'll let y'all know!