PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum and new to cavies!

duelaandrufio
05-16-14, 11:43 am
Hi all! I am new to this forum and pretty new to owning guinea pigs. I've had my boar, Rufio, for about a month and I just recently got a sow, Duela, 2 weeks ago. So far I think I'm doing well but I'll still probably need some help. So you may see some future posts from me asking for more info and experience. lol

And I just want to express how in love with these little piggies I am. I rescued both of them and am so happy I did that instead of buying from a pet store.

I have a c & c cage that is fleece lined which seems to be working a lot better than that carefresh bedding.

I look forward to talking with all of you!:D

Starthecavy123
05-16-14, 11:45 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. Would love to see pigtures.

adeline13
05-16-14, 12:04 pm
Hi and welcome one question is one of them spayed/neutered or are they on separate cages?

Princess_Piggie
05-16-14, 12:10 pm
Hello ad welcome to the forum! Great name choices, really original and pretty sounding :) I'm just curious, have you had either of them 'fixed' or are they living separately until you can do so? If so, I suggest having Rufio neutered as opposed to spaying Duela. The neuter procedure is much more common, less invasive and less risky than the spay.

duelaandrufio
05-16-14, 12:11 pm
You asked for it haha

65232 65235
Rufio Duela

duelaandrufio
05-16-14, 12:13 pm
Hi and welcome one question is one of them spayed/neutered or are they on separate cages?

Hello ad welcome to the forum! Great name choices, really original and pretty sounding :) I'm just curious, have you had either of them 'fixed' or are they living separately until you can do so? If so, I suggest having Rufio neutered as opposed to spaying Duela. The neuter procedure is much more common, less invasive and less risky than the spay.

When I adopted the sow she was already spayed.

adeline13
05-16-14, 12:15 pm
Ok good and i also love the names!

adeline13
05-16-14, 12:16 pm
OMG holy cuteness haha they are both so cute, i love black piggies but idk why. The black and white one is just gourgous btw.

Starthecavy123
05-16-14, 12:19 pm
Aww their so cute. The black one looks like my Star just with a bigger white spot :)

MamaFurry
05-16-14, 12:26 pm
Welcome!!! They are adorable! I have had mine for less than month and it's amazing how quick you all in love!

Rywen
05-16-14, 12:36 pm
Welcome to the forum, they are both adorable!

maddy harper
05-16-14, 05:12 pm
hello and welcome