PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Gotham City Sirens

Red5Iam
05-12-14, 02:36 pm
I've been lurking around the forum for the last month or so and decided I should just go ahead and join. I got my first guinea pigs about a month ago, and I am head over heels for them. Their names are Harley and Ivy, named after two of my favorite Batman characters.

I've had dogs, hamsters, mice, lizards and fish before but these are my first piggies, so I've been doing tons of research and trying to be sure I am providing the best that I can for them. They were, sadly, living in a small pet store cage for a couple of weeks, but I finally got in their new cage. I wound up with the Midwest habitat, rather than the C&C cage for the time being (I am a freelance artist and work slowed down, but I needed to get them into a bigger cage, and I found a great deal on the Midwest). I'll likely expand or redo their cage and give them a little more space once I get my next solid gig.

I've only had these two for a few weeks but I'm already anxious to get them another girlfriend!

Here are a couple pictures. The black and white is Harley, while the red brown and white is Ivy. :)

Starthecavy123
05-12-14, 03:08 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are they both boys? Because if so it's not a good idea to get a girl piggie. The males will end up fighting over her.

Good luck with the little piggies. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Red5Iam
05-12-14, 03:08 pm
They're both girls, so it'd be the third female.

Starthecavy123
05-12-14, 03:36 pm
They're both girls, so it'd be the third female.

Oh hahaha my bad, but thanks for clearing that up :D.

Rywen
05-12-14, 03:43 pm
Hello and welcome to the forum! They are both adorable piggies. If you adopt a 3rd will she be Nyssa Raatko or Talia (for Talia al Guhl), or do you have another Batman villainess name in mind?

MoinkMama
05-12-14, 03:53 pm
Welcome! They are adorable and I LOVE the names? Our dog and cats are all Batman themed - Batcat, Joker, Riddles, Ivy and Penguin. I broke the mold by not naming the piggies in the series lol

Red5Iam
05-12-14, 03:58 pm
Oh hahaha my bad, but thanks for clearing that up :D.

No big! I re-read my post and realized it wasn't actually that clear!

For the third I'm kind of hung up on Selina, even though it's not her "villain" name? And it is weird to have a pig named after a cat themed villain, ha. But, I'm still torn! Harley and Ivy were easy. Was also thinking Inque, to pull in some Batman Beyond. But we'll see!

And thank you everbody for the kind welcome :)