Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Lump on piggies face

adeline13

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
So I've notice this lump before but I guess I never thought anything of it but today it's gotton pretty big. It's on his face and he's eating drinking and playing normally. I'm going to try to make a vet appointment as soon as I can but they are closed tomorrow so of I do take him in what will they do for it and what could it be? thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Could you post a picture of it? Is it open, bleeding, pussy, or swollen? How big is it? It could be a tumor (although Im not sure if they grow on piggies faces or not) or a cyst.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It could be an infected lymph gland, or an abscessed tooth, or some other sort of infection. He does need to see a vet as soon as you can get him in. If it is lymphadenitis and the lesion bursts, it will spread infectious stuff all over the cage, and you other pigs may catch it.

adeline13

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
It not open or anything he doesn't seem to be in pain here's pictures sorry my cameras bad

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
It's hard to tell in your photo where the lump is.

Do you weigh your pigs? It's recommended to weigh weekly. That way you know if they aren't feeling good or eating as much as usual. It's impossible to tell just by looking at them.

adeline13

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Ya and sorry for the bad picture is it they way I'm holding him for the blurrie ness

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.