Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Breeder on Gumtree, Cavies Kept in Poor Conditions

PharaohPiggie

Cavy Slave
Gumtree is an Australian sale site that I frequently check to see what guinea pigs people are selling and rehoming. I've seen some bad ads before, but these look pretty awful:
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seville-grove/other-pets/guinea-pig-farm/1045083939
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/armadale/other-pets/guinea-pigs-for-sale/1045409893

They are both seemingly from the same person. They call themselves a guinea pig "farm" and the animals appear to be being kept in very poor conditions (a small plastic box). I have reported them (by clicking the "!" icon) but I am unsure as to whether or not Gumtree will do anything about it, but hopefully they will remove the ads if enough people flag them!

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
If you select 'other' and then say something about animal cruelty, unsuitable conditions etc, then say it shows gumtree in a bad light, they usually take it down.

PharaohPiggie

Cavy Slave
If you select 'other' and then say something about animal cruelty, unsuitable conditions etc, then say it shows gumtree in a bad light, they usually take it down.
Okay, awesome, that's what I did. :)

pigslave1

Cavy Slave
All done!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.