Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites Mite spray bottle

CharlieB

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, should I use mite spray bottle for my guinea pig to prevent mites. If so, how often should I use it, and can I use it on the pups?

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've never heard of a spray bottle being used before. I wouldn't personally. Especially not on pups.
Pups under 350g require vet treatment for mites, lice etc. Just have some ivermectin on hand for if you notice any excessive scratching, biting, or pain to the touch. the .5% pour on cattle kind is best I believe, but does need diluting. There's a chart on Guinea Lynx on how-to. :)

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I don't know what you mean by "mite spray bottle" but there's no need to treat for mites unless you have a reason to suspect they have mites.

CharlieB

Cavy Slave
Thank you all,
My pigs don't have mites, but the previous owner of my silkie told me to use "mite spray bottle" every six months to prevent mites lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.