PDA

View Full Version : Coroplast prices

nismosmama
09-22-05, 11:11 am
I'm starting to wonder if people around here in San Diego are just dumb or don't know what I"m talking about? I called one place called San Diego plastics, it was recommended on the Cavy Cages site, I asked them how much coroplast was, and the guy at first didnt know what I was talkinga bout. Then he said, oh do you mean coro....whatever plaster. I said sure I guess, LOL, maybe I"m the one thats dumb. Anywho, he gave me a price of over 100$ for a 4x8 sheet!:eye-poppi Then I called another place and they told me 11.90$ per 4x8 sheet. The second place they asked me what thickness I was looking for....again...uhhhh....no idea.

So what is a 'normal' price for Coroplast and what thickness am I looking for? :confused:

Fluff_n_roll
09-22-05, 11:20 am
LOL, $100 is way to much dont let some one gip you!! I payed $10 for a piece that was well over 30x40. There was no talk about thickness so i cant really answer all your questions sorry. There shouldn't be a thinkness though.

Da_3_mad_pigs
09-22-05, 11:23 am
when i bought my coroplast, mine was $25 for a massive sheet that I only used half of!

kimberly78
09-22-05, 12:14 pm
You can call a bunch of sign places in the phone book. i paid 25 for a 30x40, and found most places wouldnt sell it to me unless I bought 10 sheets which is stupid. Keepin calling and tell them you need it to make a base for a guinea pig cage. Coro does come in different thickness's and will increase the price. I think the thinkness we use for the cages is 1/4 inch. I hope this helps

Ly&Pigs
09-22-05, 12:37 pm
I believe 4 mm is the standard thickness most places sell. $11.90 for a 4x8 sheet is a very good price. You can call around to sign shops and printing shops for prices.

CavyCrew
09-22-05, 12:46 pm
yup 4mm or 5mm is good, i cant find them anywhere in the UK cheaply :(

amyjane
09-22-05, 02:14 pm
Always mention that its for a guinea pig cage! When I got mine, my mom mentioned that it was for my guinea pig's cage and they dropped the price.

Percy's Mom
09-22-05, 02:23 pm
If they quoted you $100, they probably have a limit of several sheets.

cavy-cool-crazy
09-22-05, 03:00 pm
yup 4mm or 5mm is good, i cant find them anywhere in the UK cheaply :(

I got my correx from a sign makers. I can't remember the name of them but they are based in Ash, Hanmpshire. It only cost me £15 for an 8ft by 4ft sheet and they delivered it for free!

CavyCrew
09-22-05, 03:08 pm
thank you :D i'll try and find them in the yellow pages - reckon lorna will know?

stitsy&codyPig
09-22-05, 03:11 pm
When I bought mine it was only $7 for a 4by8 sheet.

x0PiggyPerson0x
09-22-05, 03:25 pm
When you guys say 30x40 you do mean in inches right??

zakfoxmom
09-22-05, 03:31 pm
I'm starting to wonder if people around here in San Diego are just dumb or don't know what I"m talking about? I called one place called San Diego plastics, it was recommended on the Cavy Cages site, I asked them how much coroplast was, and the guy at first didnt know what I was talkinga bout. Then he said, oh do you mean coro....whatever plaster. I said sure I guess, LOL, maybe I"m the one thats dumb. Anywho, he gave me a price of over 100$ for a 4x8 sheet!:eye-poppi Then I called another place and they told me 11.90$ per 4x8 sheet. The second place they asked me what thickness I was looking for....again...uhhhh....no idea.

So what is a 'normal' price for Coroplast and what thickness am I looking for? :confused:

I live in San Diego and got coroplast on two different occasions from "San Diego Plastics, Inc." They are located on McKinley Avenue in National City. I think I paid about $11-$12 for a sheet. I don't think they asked what it was for. If you call them and talk to a woman you can mention that I have been in there two times to buy it and she may know exactly what you are talking about. Also tell them that you are building a guinea pig cage and need it for the bottom.

nismosmama
09-22-05, 03:54 pm
The other place I called that quoted me I don't remember the name but it was in National City also. I'm pretty sure it wasn't SD Plastics though. I used to live down there and I remember seeing a couple of Sign places, I"m just gonna have to take a trip down there and look around :). At least now have an idea of what is a good price.

zakfoxmom
09-22-05, 04:12 pm
I spent a lot of time looking for it and I can only use my husband's truck on the weekend and SD Plastics is the only place I found that was open on Saturdays. Good luck.

Fluff_n_roll
09-22-05, 04:33 pm
When you guys say 30x40 you do mean in inches right??

yes i meant in inches, but the piece i got fro my cage the measurements were more around 48x96 so a 4x8 LOL i was all confused.:expressio

Guinea_Gal
09-22-05, 06:50 pm
4mm is the average width.

cavy-cool-crazy
09-23-05, 06:37 am
thank you :D i'll try and find them in the yellow pages - reckon lorna will know?

She might do, she might not. We told her where she can get cubes from and told her about the correx, but I can't remember mentioning where I actually got it from.

I think the name of the company is Academy Signs and they are based in Ash, near Farnborough.

Mummy
09-23-05, 07:02 pm
You can get it at sign-a-rama http://www.signarama.com/locations/california.asp

The one near me will order the color I want (they generally don't have it in stock), and I can get it in a day or two. They charged me $21 for a 4x8 sheet (which is probably what you want) - that was the 4ml colored coroplast.It may be that they had a minimum price they didn't tell me about, because today I drove somewhere locally and found it for $9.80 (white, which is cheaper)!