Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Another illness in the house

jeannev79

Cavy Slave
So my children and I are finally over strep throat, but sure enough my son was just diagnosed with pneumonia today. I know strep could be passed to the piggies but what about pneumonia? I have been watching the girls very closely and they are acting and eating normally.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If it's viral pneumonia, then no, the pigs can't get it. If it's bacterial, it's a possibility, but not likely unless he's sneezed and/or coughed directly on them. I wouldn't let him around them, though.

jeannev79

Cavy Slave
If it's viral pneumonia, then no, the pigs can't get it. If it's bacterial, it's a possibility, but not likely unless he's sneezed and/or coughed directly on them. I wouldn't let him around them, though.
They did put him on antibiotics for it and luckily he wants nothing to do with the girls. I do make sure he is covering his mouth when he coughs and sneezes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.