Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Infection Is it normal or infection?

Phi Bui

Cavy Slave
Hi, I just notice today one of her legs is pink, I think it's a little bigger than left foot, the other legs are black. Is this normal or some kind of infection? Thanks

Attachments

IMG_5820.jpg IMG_5819.jpg

PiggleLove2013

Cavy Slave
Has she always had it? It's probably normal. I have a black pig who has pink feet with white fur on them, and the nails are pink/black mixed, as well as the feet. Those appear to be pretty healthy feet. If she shows any pain to you touching the feet, I would take her in to a vet, but it looks good. :)

On the other hand, the foot being of different size of the others sounds a bit odd. I don't know too much about that, however. Contacting a good Cavy-Savvy vet would be your best option.

Last edited:

lissie

Cavy Slave
Looks normal. She needs her nails trimmed though.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Infection usually has redness, swelling, and heat. Sometimes odor, depending on how bad the infection is and where in the body it is.

Phi Bui

Cavy Slave
Thank you all, I just got off craiglist few days ago, so I don't know how long has she had it but I think she's fine. She doesn't show any pain

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.