Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

TOYZ?!?!?!?!

B

Brynn

TOYZ?!?!?!?!

Hi everyone I have three piggers and I'm trying to find interesting yet exciting toys for the guinea pigs so I'm wondering if any of you have good ideas that I could use. What do you use with your guinea pig?? Thanxz!!!

P

Piggie

Sweet & Simple

You can buy the most elaborate toy and they will turn their noses up at it. Things like chubes, boxes, brown bags, newspaper tunnels, hidden food, hidey holes all go down a treat. Good lick with the piggers!
Love Piggiexx

N

nowmywrldisrocked

Toys

I had the same problem!!!! my guinea pig seemed so board!! one day i went to a store and got a 25 cent machine toy just because, it was a soccar ball about the size of a kiwi (if it was round) well, she loves to push it with her nose, at first it kept her busy for hours! i think she got bored of it but yours might not, oh, and i t wasnt a bouncy ball, it was hard plastic so she couldnt get hurt on it!!! her favorite is the paperbag!! with my last guinea pif i put chirrios on a string DO NOT DO THAT... strings can KILL your guinea pig as it did mine, im thinkin of putting cherrios on a thin wooden stick, that would keep them amused! hope i could help!

B

bebegrl7

Re: TOYZ?!?!?!?!

To keep your pig from gettin bored with his/her toys maybe you could like switch toys every day or so...that way it might keep their attention longer...i have a whole box of gp toys and i switch them around every other day!GOOD LUCK!:D

J

JeepsMom

Re: TOYZ?!?!?!?!

I would look through the entire pet department at different stores. I found nice things at wal-mart. In the bird department they have hangy things with blocks of wood with fruit smells stacked on them with a bell at the bottom. I hung it just low enough they can reach up their head and ring the bell. I rang it a couple times and now they like running under it and giving ita little ring and it gets them really excited. THey usually run around the cage afterward like they rang the bell of heaven or something. It's hilarious. Just make sure if you buy anything there isn't any strings or small pieces they can chew off, no feathers, fur or anything like that. Good luck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.