Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

aquarium as accessory

T

tggdan3b

aquarium as accessory

I know what you're thinking: no ventilation, bad cage! I agree, but I've found a USE for those undersized aquariums! I turned two of them on their sides and put them on top of each other making a 2-story house for my piggies with a brick staircase leading to the 2nd level. Then I covered the outsides of the aquarims with some cut sheets to make it more like a "cave" for them, so they can hide in it. It's great!

You can put your foodbowl in the upper level so they don't kick bedding all inside the food- big help! Plus, my girls love to climb inside when they want to hide. They're bigger than the timber hide-a-ways, all 5 of my girls can cuddle inside each one if they want to, or they can go into seperate ones if they want to be alone.

Just an idea. My piggies love it, and they look so cute inside!

-Dan III

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: aquarium as accessory

Excellent idea. PLEASE take some photos and send them to me. I'll put them on the site somewhere or create a new album of converting things like that into something useful (exercise balls, small cages, etc).

J

JeepsMom

I am having trouble visualizing..I wear glasses so I have trouble...;o)
Are the aquariums in a c&C cage or free standing themselves?? I am not doubting it's great, just having trouble picturing it.....
More details would be great....
Thank you!
Dena

M

momma cavy3160

the tank would lie on its side inside the c&c cage. there's a picture at the cavycages main site under making bad cages better (something like that, forgot the exact spot), hope this helps

T

tggdan3b

Aquariums

Yeah, the aquarium would lay on its side inside the C&C cage. 2 small aquariums can be stacked on top of each other for a 2-level thing, my piggies love it.

You'll have to be sure you clean them out a lot, since they seem to be where the pigs like to go to the bathroom most. Watch out when you clean it too because they can break easily sometimes.

Also, be sure you put it somewhere where the pigs can't use it as a stepping stone to jump out of the C&C cage :)

-Dan III

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.