Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Cage liners, burrowing and hand making

GuineaPigMania2

Cavy Slave
So, we have a major burrowing problem, I thought they were fine. Well, now, its not. :mad: I was thinking though, will a cage liner help the burrowing problem? I'm currently using fleece and towels but it is a lot of money to buy cage liners and fleece flippers in the UK, so I was wondering if I can make one.

Do you just cut two bits of fleece to fit your cage, sew them together leaving a gap to put a piece of correx and a towel in? I have no U-Haul pads here. If that is how you do it, what about if they burrow under the gap? :?:

I can't sew but my Gran can, is this possible and will it help? Putting the fleece over the side of my cage isn't easy as I have 11'' high walls and no cubes.

Please help!

pinky

Cavy Slave
I place cobblestones on the corners of my fleece pads where they overlap. They weigh about 5 lbs each, are about 5" in diameter and probably an inch high. They're really smooth so they can't get hurt when they run over them. They're so low to the ground, they're like part of the landscape. It keeps my one burrower from going under them. They like to sleep near them and use them as pillows so they're also useful.

GuineaPigMania2

Cavy Slave
Could idea, but do fleece pads mean fleece flippers? I don't have them over here either:sad:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.