Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Alternative to piggy bedspreads?

ambersxo

Cavy Slave
I have two male guinea pigs with a C&C cage and piggy bedspread, but their piggy bedspread is seeing the end of its days. I was planning on just buying a new one, but that would cost me $80. I know I could just use a billion towels with some fleece on top but I would much rather have a piggy bedspread. What are some alternatives? Pee pads? What kind? Help!

MommaOfFour

Cavy Slave
You could use washable puppy pads by themselves if you dont mind it not looking all cute (the ones I used to use were light brown). You can also use those in combination with fleece on top. Or use uhaul pads with fleece on top either sewn together or layered individually. That's what im using in the cage now and I like it best. The uhauls are huge and only $8 a piece so would be able to cut in multiple pieces depending on the size of your cage. And Joann and other fabric stores almost always have fleece on sale for 40-60% off. You can also get fleece blankets at walmart or ikea.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.