Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Kitchen Bedding

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
What do you guys recommend as bedding in the kitchen area?

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
I used to use Petco paper pellet cat litter. It's similar to Yesterday's News but cheaper. It never had any odor to it and held quite a bit of pee. I have also seen people recommend wood stove pellets which are supposed to control odor well and they are extremely cheap.

Nicks Pigs

Cavy Slave
I use shredded, recycled printer paper. It requires a little more changing, but I get it for free.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Using shredded paper isn't really recommended as it's got little to no absorbency, it would really need changing every time they peed on it tbh. For poop it's fine, but for pee, not so much. I think it depends if your pigs pee frequently in the kitchen or not.

I use recycled paper pellets, Yesterdays News unscented, and they work great for me :) Another common kitchen bedding is wooden pellets.

Gandalf

Cavy Slave
I use the wood pellets. I've used Yesterdays News for rabbits, but switched to the pellets for economy. A 40lb bag runs $5-$7 depending on where you live. They work very well for odor control.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.