Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Any Piggies lovers in Calgary Alberta?

andreanne1422

Cavy Slave
I want to see if there is anyone here living in Calgary. I do! :cheerful: We can all talk!

andreanne1422

Cavy Slave
Or if there is none....

Squirle

Cavy Slave
Hey!

Although You already know I live in CAlgary.................

I LIVE IN CALGARY!!! woohoo!

Any other fellow Calgaryians?! C'mon guys speak up! :D

LBKK

Cavy Slave
I do!!! :) I actually haven't yet purchased piggies yet, but am hunting for 2 short haired female baby piggies for my 6 year old......surprisingly, quite the task in Calgary!:melodrama What area are you in? Know of any breeders in the city?

andreanne1422 said:
I want to see if there is anyone here living in Calgary. I do! :cheerful: We can all talk!

LBKK

Cavy Slave
Sorry guys, I guess I shouldnt say I am looking for breeders....let me clarify that one. I do not support the delibarate breeding of piggies as there are too many unwanted pets out there to begin with. I am looking for someone who has a pig that has had babies, or someone who has unwanted piggies. I refuse to buy from a pet shop and the closest small animal rescue society is out in BC! I have been on the hunt for over 2 months now!! I've made the cage, bought all the toys and necessities, done my research on the care, BUT CANT FIND ANY ADOPTABLE PIGGIES! If anyone can help me with this, it would be muchly appreciated. Willing to pay whatever, but am specific on wanting short haired female piggies....oh, and if anyone can tell me how to edit previous postings, that'd be great too! LOL :)

andreanne1422

Cavy Slave
Squirle! One of her cute piggy is suppostly preggant you need to send her a private message to her. She's going to be looking for good homes for her babies if she can't keep them all and if you can proof that your a good home she should be able to give or sell you one.

Squirle

Cavy Slave
Yes, I'll be giving them away for no more than probably $5 to a good owner. I just pmed you so reply when you can!

ufortunetly I dont have a short haired preggy piggy, but I have a Abby, you don't need to brush their hair or anything.

LBKK

Cavy Slave
Thanks Adreanne1422! I have PM'd Squirle about them...Squirle your pigs are soooo cute! What luck to find someone in Calgary with pregnant piggies....I have been looking for so long. I have made their cage and bought everything I need for them at Petsmart....saw some really sweet little baby pigs there when I went. I wanted to take them home sooo bad. Did you know they have them in AQUARIUMS there??? Oh I felt so bad.....I just wanted to take ALL of them out of there....and yell at the staff in the process! Only thing that stopped me from buying them was knowing that they'd just breed some more and put more inside those awful little aquariums...poor things!

andreanne1422

Cavy Slave
Your welcome! Hope you guys make something work out.

Squirle

Cavy Slave
Yes, Tomorrow I'll find out whether their pregnant and update you then :D

piggieperson

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm trying to find two guinea pigs in calgary for a resinable price must be babies around 4/8 weeks old, perferbily short coated but long coateds considered please let me know if you know where I can get some.. I'd like to buy from a breeder.

LBKK

Cavy Slave
ha ha ha you can join the club then!!!! I also live in Calgary and I have been looking since July. Oh, and you might want to avoid on here talking about looking for breeders. This site is geared towards animal rescues, not deliberate breeding and pet stores. Someone might tear a strip off of ya if you dont phrase your questions right! Trust me, I know! LOL

Anyways, I have 2 leads for piggies. The 1st is Squirle from this site. BUT I am 1st in line on that one!!! :) She has 1 long haired piggy who is definitely pregnant and 1 short haired that MIGHT be. I have already requested 2 short haired females from her (if possible of course) but you may want to email her. The babies wont be ready till mid december.

My 2nd lead is I have been chatting with a gal who works for the Small Animal Rescue Society of BC who is trying to line me up with some for mid December if I cant get 2 females from Squirle. Are you wanting to get some right away? Because if you are willing to wait, and they can line up piggies for me for then, I will be paying for travelling costs for the pigs and I could always request a few more if need be. Let me know!

Laura.

piggieperson

Cavy Slave
Hi, well no I'm not looking for them right this second but it would be nice :), I want them by mid november but will probly just go down to pisces and get two by the end of this month, noone get mad at me for getting them from there please!

LBKK

Cavy Slave
Awwww Im not mad, but you should really know that pet stores are the worst possible place to get piggies...it's truly sad how petstores work. Do me a favor before you buy, and at least read some of the stuff on this site.....especially about petstores! You will find the info on here invaluable and it will probably change your perspective on pet stores deeply!! I wont preach any more, but check it out, and if you like, I can keep you in the loop as to what I can find for adoptables...

piggieperson

Cavy Slave
I know all about pet store, what everyone says about them, but to tell you all the truth the only thing I haev never bought from a pet store was my dogs, everything else I get from pet shops and there always healthy!

Squirle

Cavy Slave
Pet shops stink I think!

I got Moch and Lotte from there and Mocha's pregnant and Lotte might be! Its annoying!

deffinetly get form a shelter or breeder (or me of course, lol) much better idea I say.

Inrun

Cavy Slave
I live in Lethbridge... and i'm trying to find a partner pig for my little Sushi. It's proving difficult. I heard there's a Gp rescue in Calgary, but the site link is dead for it.
I want to rescue, but honestly it's proving tough.

LBKK

Cavy Slave
Oh how I know!!! Try petfinders.com They have listings for adoptables all over Canada. If you're lucky, you might find some right in Lethbridge. So far I have had no luck, except for Squirle with her preggo piggies! :)

Inrun

Cavy Slave
No luck on Petfinder. Ah well. I'll keep searching to find a friend for Sushi.

Squirle

Cavy Slave
Theres a SPCA here in Calgary with piggys!

Mocha might actually not be pregnant (tho I'm not sure) so check out the Caglary SPCA web site if you want to rescue!

www.calgaryhumane.com

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.