Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Flag Breeder Ad

pinky

Cavy Slave
I decided to delete this post. I think this could have been an accidental litter and don't want the babies to lose a chance at a home.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You could contact the poster as if you where interested in a pup and inquire about how they ended up with the litter?

pinky

Cavy Slave
You could contact the poster as if you where interested in a pup and inquire about how they ended up with the litter?

I decided to email her and suggest she might want to keep them as companion to the one she has since they do better in groups being social animals. Her ad said the "pups are ready!" which sounded like she was breeding them but then went on to say that her kids play dress up with them so they're used to being handled. When my kids were young, they loved the guinea pigs and would always have them in their laps when they read. If they're just pets, her kids might still get a lot of joy out of having a group.... There was a breeder ad last week that was rehoming all her guinea pigs; nearly every breed you can think of. I thought it might be someone trying to just drum up business but when I emailed her, I could see that she decided to stop breeding. She was asking very little for them but was also being particular about who'd get them. I decided not to flag that one, either, because I think she really changed her view on breeding. Her ad's gone so they must have found homes. There seems to a such a big surge in guinea pigs being rehomed all of a sudden. I wonder if there's something about this time of year that makes people reconsider owning them. I don't know....

BTW, how are you feeling? Are things getting a little better for you? I hope so. :)

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Well it's getting close to easter, people are all about little cute fuzzies this time of year. But it also means rescues are going to inundated with surrenders the week after when the easter buzz has worn off :/

I really am, thank you! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.