Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury My piggy hit his head!!! TWICE! D:

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
I'm probably just being a worrysome mom, but I had Mr. Nibbles out in his playpen and he was winding down clearly ready for a nap, so I picked him up (hes still not quite used to being handled but its much easier than it used to be to pick him up) and held him for a moment as I always do before I put him in his cage. This particular instance he was really squirmy so I went to put him down in his cage, but he squirmed out of my arms and when I went to pick him up ( i hold very gently so he doesn't get hurt) he just jumped out of my hands! instead of jumping into the cage he missed and hit the door >_< this happened twice, he is eating, moving around, acting normal, currently laying down for his nap which is usual after he spends an hour running around and popcorning..

He didn't make any sounds as if in pain, and he came right up to me for a cuddle once I put him in his cage and purred for me

I'm just concerned, do you think hes ok? he didn't hit his head super hard but he is small so I'm not sure how hard is hard D:
And the fact that he hit it twice ... I feel awful, like I should have held him tighter but I don't want to hurt him by holding too tight either :(

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
it's true i do worry too much :3 nibbles is fine ... he popcorned into the side of the cage last night too LOL hubby laughed pretty hard but Nibbles just brushed it off ~ guess the lil guys are hard headed!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.