Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi All!!

Nicks Pigs

Cavy Slave
Hi Guys!!

i guess I finally got over my laziness and decided to join the forum. I have four boars. Norbert and Frank were my original two, brothers we believe.

Frank: image.jpg

Norbert:

Then in April of 2013, I got Oliver:

finally, in January, I got Stewart.

Now, i now, I have four piggies. Frank, Stewart and Oliver live together and Norbert lives alone.cWe have tried Norbert with all three of the pigs (the reason we got Stewart) yet he is just to territorial and attacked Stewart and Frank. I did not want to take any chances with Oliver.

I hope that I can learn more here and I really enjoy this forum. I am not a supporter of breeders and hate the thought of it. I will admit, I have made my mistakes. Norbert, Frank and Oliver all came from Petsmart. Stewart was from a local store. Hope this can become my second home!!:)

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg

Nicks Pigs

Cavy Slave
For some reason, the photos came out weird. The top piggy is Norbert and the black Abyssinian is Oliver. This is Stewart:

stewart is is the one with the red eyes

Attachments

image.jpg

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Welcome, your boys are adorable!

pinky

Cavy Slave
Stewart is such a cutie! All I could think of was a little Scottish guinea pig with that reddish brown fur and the name Stewart. Love his pink ears.

Nicks Pigs

Cavy Slave
Thank You!'

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
What cuties! How did you do introductions? Did you try buddy baths? Was it a full blown, flying-ball-of-bur fight, or just nipping?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, just hoping we could figure out the cause of fighting and maybe get Norbert a buddy!

Nicks Pigs

Cavy Slave
What cuties! How did you do introductions? Did you try buddy baths? Was it a full blown, flying-ball-of-bur fight, or just nipping?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, just hoping we could figure out the cause of fighting and maybe get Norbert a buddy!

The story goes, I got Oliver to live with Frank and Norbert as a trio. That ended with Frank being attacked by Norbert. Frank is now missing a piece of his left ear. I decided to put Frank and Oliver together because Frank was becoming really depressed. I also wanted to be safe with Oliver. That was back in June of 2013. I got Frank and Norbert in July of 2012. Back to the story, in December, my Dad said I could adopt a baby guinea pig to live with Norbert. I got him at the Beginning of January. Intros went good, I bathed them together then introduced them. The intros went good, normal behavior. A week later, I had Stewart out and noticed he had scabs on his back. That worried me. About a week after that, Norbert was going at Stewart. Blood was drawn. I decided to try Stewart with Frank and Oliver. They love being a trio! Norbert seems to enjoy living alone. It confuses me, but I have seen skinnypigs1 on YouTube and her Grover is like my Norbert, likes to live alone.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
It sounds like you did everything possible to get them to get along, so you're probably right. What size cage where they in? A pair of boys (especially with a grumpy boy) would probably need at least a 2x5, 2x6 even.

Nicks Pigs

Cavy Slave
It sounds like you did everything possible to get them to get along, so you're probably right. What size cage where they in? A pair of boys (especially with a grumpy boy) would probably need at least a 2x5, 2x6 even.
they were in a 2x4. I have limited space, and that is the best I can do.

guinnymom23

Cavy Slave
I think that's where the issue may be...your cage is too small for 3 boys let alone trying to fit 4 of them together...I now have 2 boars and they live wonderfully in a 2x6 with 2 lofts, never see them fighting at all! Could you try to go out a little to make a 3x4? that may work better...but JMHO.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Can you make a stacked 2x4, and split your boys into two pairs?

Nicks Pigs

Cavy Slave
Can you make a stacked 2x4, and split your boys into two pairs?

As I mentioned above, Norbert MUST live alone. He is really territorial.

melynda

Cavy Slave
Maybe more space would help but maybe it wouldn't.

Some pigs really are just fine on their own, same as people. If Norbert seems happy I say leave him be.

Welcome to the forums.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.