PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to introduce my girls and my self

nplcpiggie
02-18-14, 12:06 pm
Good day everyone.

First of all, thank you for this forum. It has been very helpful and I really appreciate what you guys are doing.
My name is Nadia and I always had animals around the house, but never had guinea pigs, although I always wanted to have one. My hubby surprised me with a furry adorable creature for Christmas and knowing that guinea pigs are very social animals, I ended up having two precious little girls.
Meet Krisia, she is very sweet and also very fond of humans.
http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/asset.php?fid=50030&uid=30953&d=1392745626
This is Busia, she is still a little shy and not very happy about being picked up, but one you get her on your lap, she is the sweetest pancake ever.
http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/asset.php?fid=50029&uid=30953&d=1392745601
Unfortunately not knowing any better, we got both of our girls from the pet store, mistake I will never make again. They both are healthy and great ladies, well except that Busia is very heavily pregnant right now.
Just wanted to introduce myself and my girls

mtk2000
02-18-14, 01:03 pm
Welcome to the forum Nadia. My name is Meghan and my girls are Hershey and Rookie. Hershey is my sweetie pie and Rookie is my divalol There are so many things to learn on this forum and it has made our lives so much better. I hope you enjoy this forum and much as I do!

nplcpiggie
02-18-14, 01:09 pm
Thank you Meghan. You are absolutely right, this is a wonderful place to learn.

maddy harper
02-18-14, 01:13 pm
hi and welcome to the forum :) your piggys sound so adorable. What colour are they and what breed, do you know?

Princess_Piggie
02-18-14, 01:22 pm
Welcome!

Turn both your ladies over to check they are ladies. As I'm sure you've read, pet stores are notorious for miss-sexing pigs. Give momma pig a little extra parsley here and there for the calcium while she's expecting :)

nplcpiggie
02-18-14, 01:28 pm
Thank you. That was the very first thing I did, as I read before that it is a possibility. She absolutely loves red bell peppers, so that is her everyday treat.

nplcpiggie
02-18-14, 01:30 pm
I am not sure about their breed, I just know that one of them is an extra fluffylol

Princess_Piggie
02-18-14, 01:31 pm
Well at least you got lucky and they are, so they can stay together. Do you think you'll be keeping the pups? :)

nplcpiggie
02-18-14, 01:36 pm
I really want to and probably will keep at least one, I just won't have enough room to keep all. I do have good homes lined up for the ones I would not be able to keep.

Princess_Piggie
02-18-14, 01:39 pm
Well that's good. Are you able to enlarge their cage to keep one?

nplcpiggie
02-18-14, 01:49 pm
Right now they are in Midwest Guinea Habitat cage, but it will be moving them into 2x4 with a loft, or 2x5 single level. I am waiting on my grids to arrive.

Annmarie
02-18-14, 02:25 pm
Welcome to the forum. I can't wait to see lots of pigtures. I have 6 pigs, 2 boys and 4 girls.

Rywen
02-18-14, 09:50 pm
Welcome Nadia, and Krisia & Busia piggies!