Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance Have one boar, adding two more?

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
We have a 1 year old Abyssinian boar, he's very sweet, but very lonely.
We're adopting a 3 week old boar next week, and the shelter just landed with another 3 week old boar that is too precious.

Would a trio of boars ever work out? Especially with the two being the same age?

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I had a trio of boars - two bothers who I had since they were 4 weeks old, then I got given an-wanted baby boy when my guys were 1 year old. My two older boys had already been de-sexed and intro's were super easy. In the end after some hassle I just got the little boy de-sexed, no problems since then at all. None.

There is a lady who just'g gotten in contact with me - she has two 3 year old males *brothers* and their father who is 4 years old, they've just started fighting, but after talking to her...it's due to mites *her vet said because they'd been treated for mites a couple of months ago it couldn't be..sigh*. So her boys got along great for 3 years, not de-sexed.

It's possible - just bonding the right boys together. :)

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Yes I agree with @RodentCuddles as long as you do the introductions right everything should work. You might have some squabbles here and there because the two 3 week old boars will go through adolescent age at the same time, other than that you should be fine.

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
Would a 2x5 with a 2x3 Loft be sufficient in space? They'd be stacked in an L shape

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.