Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size c and c cage

pineapplepigs

Cavy Slave
im thinking of buying a c and c cage but to me they are pretty tacky but i can live with it. but also im thinking of just using a shower curtain. and how many grids would i need to make a c and c cage in the corner to fit 3 boars (im planning to ad a second level with a kitchen) two of them are pretty cool with each other but i just added a new boar last week end and he is okayy with them so far but they have gotten a little mean at some points.

lissie

Cavy Slave
With 3 boars, the larger the better. At least 2x6 or 3x4 cage. If you have space for a larger cage, go for it.

If the cage will be on the floor, with no stand, you'll need 16 grids for 2x6 cage, and 14 grids for 3x4 cage.

pineapplepigs

Cavy Slave
awesome thank you

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
What have you got them in currently? It could be that if the cage is small, that's why they aren't getting on too great.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
im thinking of buying a c and c cage but to me they are pretty tacky but i can live with it. but also im thinking of just using a shower curtain. and how many grids would i need to make a c and c cage in the corner to fit 3 boars (im planning to ad a second level with a kitchen) two of them are pretty cool with each other but i just added a new boar last week end and he is okayy with them so far but they have gotten a little mean at some points.

LOL...I have to ask what cage isn't tacky? Very few in my opinion and those are hand made. We have some members and administrators with home built cages that are wonderful looking.

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

The best thing about C&C cages are you can decorate them and just fleece bedding can make them look great.

I do agree with lissie about having it wider 3 grids minimum would be best.

CoffeeAddict

Cavy Slave
We have some members and administrators with home built cages that are wonderful looking.

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

These are awesome! I'm about a week away from building my pig a new cage and I love these. I've been looking through a ton of pictures on here to make plans for mine and I haven't seen any of these yet. Yay

pineapplepigs

Cavy Slave
LOL...I have to ask what cage isn't tacky? Very few in my opinion and those are hand made. We have some members and administrators with home built cages that are wonderful looking.

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

The best thing about C&C cages are you can decorate them and just fleece bedding can make them look great.

I do agree with lissie about having it wider 3 grids minimum would be best.

i love the tought of fleece but every time i have tried it i have only gotten stink bomb thank you for those links though

Rayen

Cavy Slave
i love the tought of fleece but every time i have tried it i have only gotten stink bomb thank you for those links though

Fleece really does depend on the size of your cage, what you're using as an absorbing layer, if you use a kitchen and how well you spot clean. I have fleece in a fairly large cage and I don't even need to spot clean it every day (beyond shaking out my fleece-filled kitchen, anyway). The larger your cage, the less you'll have to worry about it stinking quickly. It does take a few times to really get the hang of using fleece as bedding, but once you do you'll wonder why you even bothered with traditionally bedding in the first place (I know I sure did!).

I agree that a 3-wide cage would be the best bet if you can manage it. It really allows them a lot more freedom for running laps. I have two female pigs in a 3x5 C&C cage right now and I really love it, they use all of the space available and have plenty of room to escape from each other if there is a disagreement.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.