PDA

View Full Version : Fleece?

cavynut!!!
09-13-05, 08:50 am
I was just curious if fleece was better than bedding or cheaper? Dont the piggies get a little hot?

cavy-cool-crazy
09-13-05, 09:34 am
It is cheaper because you only need to buy 2 or 3 large fleeces. Then you just have to shake them out and wash them every few days. Some people find it works great, others find it too difficult to maintain because of all the washing it takes. The pigs don't get hot because they don't go under it - they go on top of it.

vintagesierra
09-14-05, 05:00 pm
Fleece works great for my guinea pigs. If you are interested in the easiest way to use fleece, which is using cage liners like I have, I can sell you some if you email me at [email protected]

JennG
09-14-05, 05:21 pm
I love using fleece. I clean my cage out entirely twice a week. It's alot cleaner (I think) and easier to clean. I vacuum w/ a hand vacuum the poops every night. If you're interested, Joann Fabrics is having a 50% off on their fleece right now until 9/17/05. Good luck!!

vintagesierra
09-14-05, 05:48 pm
What size cage do you have? I can give you a price for a cage liner or two.

happie gurl
09-14-05, 05:51 pm
What size cage do you have? I can give you a price for a cage liner or two.

What is a cage liner? Yes, fleece works great:cheerful: I love it. And it makes the cage look alot nicer too:cheerful:

vintagesierra
09-14-05, 06:10 pm
I sew together cage liners, they are a very simple solution for C&C bedding. They are one layer fleece, one layer terry cloth towel material, and then one layer fleece again. They are reversable and the fleece wicks the moisture away from your guinea pig to keep your guinea pig dry. They are easy to use, just place in cage, then in 2-3 days pop it in the washing machine. Everything is sewn together so it is nice and neat.

Right now I have pricing for a 2x3 cage liner. Each liner includes a $3 donation towards a guinea pig rescue which I will donate through paypal. Upon ordering I will tell you which rescue the donation is going to. The price for a 2x3 cage liner is $25. I also may include a hammock or other cage accessory made to match your cage liner once I know the exact measurements of your cage.

Ly&Pigs
09-14-05, 08:05 pm
Vintagesierra-you aren't allowed to sell them through the forum until you have permission from the mods to do so. I replied to your email you sent. If you didn't read the selling policy on this site please see them. The policy is in the accessories forum. You will have to donate to Cavy Spirit when you sell though cavy cages unless you make arrangements with Teresa to do otherwise.