Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Rainbow making weird noise,

AshiixRainbow

Cavy Slave
I took Rainbow to the vet along with another piggy that passed the day after. Rainbow was all checked out and she had her nails trimmed. They got a bit over grown and she HATES having her nails trimmed so I called the vet to trim them. They also cut a corn off her paw and the vet said she was a very healthy piggy. While they were trimming her nails and cutting the corn off her paw she was squeaking at the top of her lungs. And then the next day she was squeaking fine but was making this weird noise and trembling. I became worried that she had a URI but she was just looked at and if I go to rub her chin she stops completely. If I poke her nose she stops. And while I'm holding her if I move her to my shoulder like she likes she continues to make that noise but if I let her climb up herself she stops making the noise. She stopped trembling and it's been about 5 days and she's still making the noise. She's eating normaly, her squeaks don't sound scratchy, she's drinking normally and seems all around fine she's not acting any different except she's not going into her hidey house (I just bought a new wooden one for her, her old one was plastic and she kept trying to eat it) she's gone into the new one once but seems to prefer to lay in the hay or under her waterbottle/ near where I put the most hay. The noise kinda sounds like she's clucking but it's not the happy poppy squeak that they make. She's been making the noise less but it's still there and I just lost 3 piggys I really don't want to lose her. The three piggys that passed were in my mother's care not mine. Any adive or suggestions are welcome. Please and Thank you. Also she's never made this noise before and that's why it's worrying me.

Morgan_

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry but I'm not sure. It doesn't sound like a URI so I wouldn't worry about that as much. Just check for signs of one. If it was me I would wait and see if it continues then you may need to go back to the vet. Maybe try describing the noise a little better. I've never heard about what you're explaining. Also, how do you post? Haha dumb question but I can't figure it out.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Doesn't sound like a problem to me. She may be weirded out by the new hidey. Can you put an old one back in for a while?

AshiixRainbow

Cavy Slave
The noise kinda sounds like she has a scratchy throat. I'm not sure how else to describe it I've never heard a piggy make this noise before. >.<

AshiixRainbow

Cavy Slave
Doesn't sound like a problem to me. She may be weirded out by the new hidey. Can you put an old one back in for a while?
As soon as I put her old plastic one in she starts chewing it right away. She's already chewed a small hole in the one side. The noise she's been making started before the new hidey though so I don't think it's because of that. She started the noise the day after the Vet visit.

AshiixRainbow

Cavy Slave
The noise kinda sounds like she has a scratchy throat. I'm not sure how else to describe it I've never heard a piggy make this noise before. >.<
Also to add that she can stop this noise whenever she wants but she continues to make it and I've never heard her make this noise before.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.