Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags This isn't a breeder or even Craigslist but it's still bad

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
He wants the pigs to mow the lawn. He needs a goat, Not a pig

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
HAHAHAHA... HAHAHAHAHA... I'm dying right now, this has to be a joke! Oh, I can't mow my lawn so the obvious first thing to enter my mind is hiring some little GUINEA PIGS to do my work load. Not a friend, not even some goats, nope, guinea pigs. Seems very logical to me. xD ...It has to be a prank. No way man, just no way.

If it is real, which I doubt... Um WHAT?! I don't even... Luckily, I highly doubt anyone is going to take this ad seriously. Also he could have meant Pigs not Guinea Pigs.

Anyways, I didn't see a flag button, is there one?

TheDNDWizard

Cavy Slave
This guy had better be kidding!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Yes a goat is what he needs, not guinea pigs or at least not 4. Maybe 100 or so to keep the grass down...

Amanda Branch

Cavy Slave
This guy must be crazy!!

pinky

Cavy Slave
It's probably intended to annoy guinea pig owners.

veggiegirl

Cavy Slave
I don't know this guy may be serious....... my cousin did not want to mow his lawn so he got about 100 guinea pigs (he always liked them and this seemed a good excuse to have a lot of them). Trouble was he soon realised that they were breeding out of control (also in-breeding) so now they live in cages in a shed. We don't really see them so I have no idea how he cares for so many, maybe they are let out sometimes but imagine having to clean that many cages! Poor things I never know how someone could look after so many properly and also I think the grass got chewed away to nothing which is another reason they got put into cages. This sort of thing is never a good idea. Apart from obvious concerns like predators when allowing them to free range, not to mention out of control breeding if both male and female are kept how would you ever be able to monitor their health properly? It would not be easy and they do 'lose the odd one'. So sad :(

pinky

Cavy Slave
I don't know this guy may be serious....... my cousin did not want to mow his lawn so he got about 100 guinea pigs (he always liked them and this seemed a good excuse to have a lot of them). Trouble was he soon realised that they were breeding out of control (also in-breeding) so now they live in cages in a shed. We don't really see them so I have no idea how he cares for so many, maybe they are let out sometimes but imagine having to clean that many cages! Poor things I never know how someone could look after so many properly and also I think the grass got chewed away to nothing which is another reason they got put into cages. This sort of thing is never a good idea. Apart from obvious concerns like predators when allowing them to free range, not to mention out of control breeding if both male and female are kept how would you ever be able to monitor their health properly? It would not be easy and they do 'lose the odd one'. So sad :(

Where did your cousin get 100 guinea pigs?

veggiegirl

Cavy Slave
Bought some, bred a lot and they know HEAPS of people so was probably given some as well. He is generally interested in guinea pigs however is not the most active of people so yeah not sure about their care as I haven't seen then in years....

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Maybe he (the CL person) thinks capybaras are big guinea pigs?

chewyguineapig

Cavy Slave
Wow! This guy has some issues! Guinea pigs instead of a lawn mower really!? Like someone else said he needs some goats not guinea pigs!

Phi Bui

Cavy Slave
Hahahaha, I think this guy made a mistake between hay and grass. I think Guinea pigs would cost more than $40 at petco if they can mow the lawn.

Acavy

Cavy Gazer
Aside from the frustration someone posted that, really why would someone even write that, it's horrible. If anyone took that job for the guinea pigs I would have to hunt them down.

pigslave1

Cavy Slave
What, on earth!!!!! How do you flag this! True, pigs eat grass, but they Re not personal lawn mowers!

pigslave1

Cavy Slave
You need a cow for this!

kraizy randoms

Cavy Slave
It must be a small lawn.

slynnski

Cavy Slave
I'm hoping beyond hope that this is a joke. If it's not, I don't know which I feel more sorry for--the guy who thinks this is actually possible, or the potential pigs that would be subjected to this.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.