Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Skinny pigs from Georgia!!!

Snowthickness

Cavy Slave
Im so excited I will be getting a pair of female Skinny pigs in the next week are so I have been trying to find skinnys here in Ga for a long time but never had any luck. Well I finally found some thanks to FaceBook!!! One of the girls is pink with a black her the other is pink/ lilac color. I just cant wait. Im Tinka btw

madrae

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome!

I have a skinny pig here in IL, and am currently fostering several more for a Wisconsin Rescue. I just love the quirky little pigs - the ear flap cracks us up every time!

LiLiPiggies08

Cavy Slave
Awwwwww. I love skinnies. There are some at our rescue but not everyone is willing to take on the extra responsibility and there they wait. Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time at the forum!!!

madrae

Cavy Slave
aww [MENTION=29704]LiLiPiggies08[/MENTION] that is so sad! I know some rescues are just resigned to the fact that they are permanent residents. It's just too hard to ensure they will get proper care, or be kept out of the hands of breeders.

Sad, I do not think they require THAT much extra care. Just a few little things that need to be paid attention to. I am beginning to wonder if here in the MidWest, their temperature requirements might turn people off. Around here, folks don their Chicago Bears sweatshirts and turn the thermostat looooow. lol

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Skinny pigs are so different looking. I think they are cute! What extra cate do they need?

Snowthickness

Cavy Slave
Well they need extra food bc their metabolism is so high which helps to keep them warm. No direct sunlight. You also have to keep a eye on their skin for dryness. You should rub alittle coconut oil on them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.