Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is This Okay For Now?

geedee105

Cavy Slave
Well my cousin just had a child a week ago. She bought a guinea pig a week before that, and now she realizes she cant take good care of it, like she used to be able to. Anyway we said we would take it in. She has a bunch of hay, bedding food and stuff as well. The cage is a "Hagen Cage"? Never heard of it, but its dimensions are 2', by 18" by 22", so she says. Just wondering if this is good enough until a month or so. Im gonna be getting a lot of money, so Im going to able to afford all the supplies I need to make something like one of those cages I seen in the galleries. Im also gonna be able to afford 2 more pigs. So Im just wondering if this cage is good for one pig just for now?

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Thats about a 2x1x2 cage. It sounds ok for a quarentine cage, but not for it's regular cage. If you plan on making a C&C cage, then it's fine for the time that you're building it. I just wouldn't leave it in there for any more than a month until you can get the supplies.

geedee105

Cavy Slave
Alright, cool. Thanks..

laura220

Cavy Slave
Maybe you could make some sort of pen to go around it 24/7 giving the pig more space.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It's fine for a short while. Give the pig lots of floortime and cuddle time outside the cage.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
It's just under 2 square feet. Someone gave me one. I use it for quarantine or carrier. It is very small and you can't dfit a pigloo and bowls in there comfortably.

I'd build a C&C, or at least use the grids to make a play pen to attach.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.