Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newb Guinea Pig Owners.

onibaku06

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone, my name is Mike. My fiance Jazmin and I have two, 5 week old Abyssinian females named Cruella and Carmela. (Pics to come later). We have a long list of questions, but will post them in their respectful places later.

We just finished our 2x4 C&C Cage, and it looks great. We are really happy with it.

Thanks folks.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum Mike and Jazmin! I'm Stephanie and it's nice to meet you! We are all happy to answer any questions you have. :)

Can't wait to see pictures of your cage and piggies! :D

onibaku06

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum Mike and Jazmin! I'm Stephanie and it's nice to meet you! We are all happy to answer any questions you have. :)

Can't wait to see pictures of your cage and piggies! :D

Thank you Stephanie. I hope to get pictures up soon.

I found our two girls at a pet store. At the time, I wasn't aware that buying guinea pigs at a pet store was frowned upon (although I'm still trying to find out why). Sadly when we found them, they weren't in the greatest of shapes. Nothing major, just crusty eyes and a lack of sgine in their eyes. After two days of proper nutrients, they've been much better. No crusty eyes, and healthy more shiny eyes and coats. There still is one concern we have with Carmela, and I hope to post those questions tomorrow with pictures.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! :)

The reason pet store buying is discouraged on this site is that you end up coming home with any, or all, of the following - a sick guinea pig, a pregnant guinea pig, or a miss-sexed guinea pig. Pet store pigs also come from breeding mills, where the sows are basically bred and bred and bred until it kills them, which after the first birth, and after the age of 1, it will inevitably do.

It's great to hear that you're already taking such great care of them, and don't beat yourself up over buying them from a pet store, because we've all made mistakes before finding the forum :)

Lovely_Weekers

Cavy Slave
Welcome Mike and Jazmine! I'm Devon, can't wait to see your pigtures soon!

onibaku06

Cavy Slave
Welcome Mike and Jazmine! I'm Devon, can't wait to see your pigtures soon!

Thanks Devon. The pictures are below.

Here is Carmela.

Carmela.jpg

And this is Cruella.
Cruella.jpg

A brief moment for a snapshot.

The Girls.jpg

Our 2X4 C&C Cage

Cage.jpg

We have many plans for the future in regards to our cage. Kitchen is in the works, so we can save on bedding and switch to fleece flippers. We also plan on adding a loft with a ramp. We wanted to do the whole cubby system as well, but it wouldn't be high enough for the girls to see us in the living room. Right now, they are in the closet, but we will be moving them in the living room as soon as we finish unpacking.

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Im in love with your pigs, they are beautiful

onibaku06

Cavy Slave

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
They are too cute!! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.