Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags DISGUSTING! MOTHER LOAD of craigslist breeders!

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Alright get your clickers ready to flag! These first two are seperate breeders:

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed) (This one breeds SATINS!)

Okay now for three listings by the same breeder. These people even have their own website which I have also listed below. They referred to their guinea pigs as "stock" like ten times and then there's this, "At which time we started breeding American short hairs and after some years of breeding them, we decided to do some experiments to see how trainable they were. (That is what Guinea pigs are for right?)" ...Seriously???

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

Last edited:
Re: DISGUTING! MOTHER LOAD of craigslist breeders!

Flagged them.

The even sadder thing is that for the second breeder who breeds 'satins' is that since they'll be 6 weeks old on Jan. 11, this puts them at 4-5 weeks about, and the boars and sows are TOGETHER, meaning more un-wanted pregnancies for the buyer of the female, unfortunately.

Flagging!
I may even contact the webpage direct and tell them what I think of them!

Flagged all!
Quick question, I have been checking Craigslist for breeders to flag, do 4h breeders count? Pigs all have "pedigrees"

Flagged all!
Quick question, I have been checking Craigslist for breeders to flag, do 4h breeders count? Pigs all have "pedigrees"

Yes, 4H breeders should be flagged. (In my opinion, at least. I'm sure there are probably others who may not agree.)

Ugh. I've written like 3 different messages for the breeders direct site but none of them feel like I'm getting the message across properly.

Just remember as mad as we are... you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar. Making someone defensive never helps anything. I'm only saying this just because I have an anger management problem when it comes to willing ignorance or injustice. So I would completely understand if you might respond in the same way I might have. haha. Not that you would though!

And I know what you mean, I've been writing and re-writing my email for an hour now. *sigh*

That's the exact problem I'm having. I don't want to 'attack' them, because it won't get the message across. It needs to be a diplomatic, mature message, filled with sneaky little attacks haha! I might sleep on it since it's 3am here and I should really be asleep! I'll probably be able to spin out a great message tomorrow. Post what you've written here when you finish to give me some tips haha!

Why do people even breed guinea pigs? I mean there isn't much profit in it.. just sayin.

What does flagging it do?

Why do people even breed guinea pigs? I mean there isn't much profit in it.. just sayin.

Two reasons I've come across.

It's an easy way to make some "extra" money because most people think they are breeding machines.

Or because they do love guinea pigs but not how you or I love guinea pigs. It's a selfish love without responsibility or thinking about the welfare of the thing you love. Which really isnt love at all. They want to be apart of the miracle of birth, they want to raise cute little piglets, they want to be apart of more and more and more guinea pigs lives. Mostly because they think it's easy to do, so why not have some fun?

Two reasons I've come across.

It's an easy way to make some "extra" money because most people think they are breeding machines.

Or because they do love guinea pigs but not how you or I love guinea pigs. It's a selfish love without responsibility or thinking about the welfare of the thing you love. Which really isnt love at all. They want to be apart of the miracle of birth, they want to raise cute little piglets, they want to be apart of more and more and more guinea pigs lives. Mostly because they think it's easy to do, so why not have some fun?

Waiting roughly 3 months for the pregnancy, then 3-4 weeks for the pups to grow.. all the while feeding them and cleaning up after them (assuming that they properly care for them and I'm sure at least some do).. just to make what? $60, at most?.. enough to cover to food and hay cost, maybe... Seems a little silly to me. Maybe they do do it for a "hobby". But they are not hobbies, they are living breathing things. Then again I never will understand some of the things people choose to do.

I have another one from littleseapigs! Please flag!

(broken link removed)

These ads are still up. More people need to flag them!

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

This one's still up too!

(broken link removed)

The only one that's down so far is the second link I posted. (Which is good!! But we can get them all down, I know we can!)

How many times does an ad need to be flagged before it is removed?

How many times does an ad need to be flagged before it is removed?

Craigslist won't say. It's automatic after so many flags, the ad will be removed. But I think its random how many flags it takes to be honest.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.