PDA

View Full Version : pelleted aspen bedding in Minnesota

leann
08-29-01, 02:51 pm
I use a pelleted aspen bedding called Litterlove (sold as cat litter) which is made by the Barnaby Company in St. Paul, MN. The following link has contact info:

www.moea.state.mn.us/rpdi...oductID=48 (http://www.moea.state.mn.us/rpdir/rpmoreb.cfm?ProductID=48)

I use two layers, Litterlove on the bottom and a layer of pine shavings on top of that (because the pellets seem a little hard for the pigs to walk on directly). I like the aspen pellets a lot - good odor control, they turn to sawdust and basically clump together when wet, so easy to spot clean.

I'm not sure how widely Litterlove is distributed - may also be available in Wisconsin. A 40 lb bag costs $13.50, which is cheaper for me than if I ordered any similar kind of wood pellet over the internet.

CavySpirit
08-31-01, 05:01 pm
Thanks very much for the info. Will try to find it and check it out!!

LauraC
10-15-01, 09:23 pm
I am in Minnesota too and I get 40lbs. of the pelleted pine litter at my local feed mill for only $7.00
It works just like the aspen LitterLove ( i have tried it) and it's much cheaper! If you are near Forest Lake, MN it is available Houle's Feed Mill.

Laura