Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Scandinavia Rescue centers/Animal shelters in Sweden?

Odella

Cavy Slave
I have been trying to find a rescue center/Animal shelter in Sweden that also takes in guinea pigs, but with no luck! I live in Jönköpings län, but the location isn't that important. Do we even have this sort of thing in our country?

_Anja_

Cavy Slave
In Norway we have "Dyrebeskyttelsen", and they've got cats, dogs, birds and rodents, including guinea pigs. Doesn't "Djurskyddet" take in pigs?

Odella

Cavy Slave
_Anja_ said:
In Norway we have "Dyrebeskyttelsen", and they've got cats, dogs, birds and rodents, including guinea pigs. Doesn't "Djurskyddet" take in pigs?

Do you mean the "Föreningen Djurens rätt"? I think that they might, I've never heard anything. I'm going to have to give them a call :) Takk for hjelpen! :D

_Anja_

Cavy Slave
No, I was thinking of Djurskyddet ( www.djurskyddet.se), but I don't know if they do take in pigs, but maybe you can give them a call and ask. Good luck :)

Odella

Cavy Slave
_Anja_ said:
No, I was thinking of Djurskyddet ( www.djurskyddet.se), but I don't know if they do take in pigs, but maybe you can give them a call and ask. Good luck :)

I checked it out! I also rang them, and asked them if they had any shelter with guinea pigs, and she said not at the moment. I'm actually thinking of starting one, that's why I asked. Thanks for the help, I had really no idea where to look!

_Anja_

Cavy Slave
Oh, I think that's weird that none of them took care of guinea pigs. I think that Dyrebeskyttelsen in Norway don't actually have a shelter, but that the pigs they take care of live in fosterhomes until they get a permanent home.

Good luck anyway :)

beatrixx

Cavy Slave
ther is a shelter fore guinea pigs in Stockholm her are the address:

(broken link removed)

they put piggies out for adoption and they also take in piggies but you have to pay about 50 kronor but that isnt so much the page is in swedish.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.