PDA

View Full Version : Rescue centers/Animal shelters in Sweden?

Odella
09-09-05, 11:58 am
I have been trying to find a rescue center/Animal shelter in Sweden that also takes in guinea pigs, but with no luck! I live in Jönköpings län, but the location isn't that important. Do we even have this sort of thing in our country?

_Anja_
09-18-05, 04:12 am
In Norway we have "Dyrebeskyttelsen", and they've got cats, dogs, birds and rodents, including guinea pigs. Doesn't "Djurskyddet" take in pigs?

Odella
09-18-05, 12:06 pm
In Norway we have "Dyrebeskyttelsen", and they've got cats, dogs, birds and rodents, including guinea pigs. Doesn't "Djurskyddet" take in pigs?

Do you mean the "Föreningen Djurens rätt"? I think that they might, I've never heard anything. I'm going to have to give them a call :) Takk for hjelpen! :D

_Anja_
09-19-05, 08:35 am
No, I was thinking of Djurskyddet ( www.djurskyddet.se), but I don't know if they do take in pigs, but maybe you can give them a call and ask. Good luck :)

Odella
09-19-05, 10:21 am
No, I was thinking of Djurskyddet ( www.djurskyddet.se) (http://www.djurskyddet.se)/), but I don't know if they do take in pigs, but maybe you can give them a call and ask. Good luck :)

I checked it out! I also rang them, and asked them if they had any shelter with guinea pigs, and she said not at the moment. I'm actually thinking of starting one, that's why I asked. Thanks for the help, I had really no idea where to look!

_Anja_
09-19-05, 11:20 am
Oh, I think that's weird that none of them took care of guinea pigs. I think that Dyrebeskyttelsen in Norway don't actually have a shelter, but that the pigs they take care of live in fosterhomes until they get a permanent home.

Good luck anyway :)

beatrixx
03-04-06, 10:32 am
ther is a shelter fore guinea pigs in Stockholm her are the address:

http://www.marsvinshjalpen.tk/

they put piggies out for adoption and they also take in piggies but you have to pay about 50 kronor but that isnt so much the page is in swedish.