PDA

View Full Version : Newbie! Getting baby bros to join our family in 2 weeks !

qweenb76
12-23-13, 06:14 pm
I'm not sure who's more excited, me or my kids !! We're getting 2 baby boys that were just born a couple weeks ago.

I've never owned a guinea pig, so this is all new to me. I've got the cage lined up (Midwest Habit Plus) and I want to get what I need for it. I'm trying to read about what is best and I'm honestly a little overwhelmed by the different beddings.. I think I want to get some fleeces, but also want to get the little "Diner/Bistro" thing you set it and maybe put other bedding in that

Any tips you can give would be great - what is a must have? don't bother with ______ ... etc.. I'm going to continue to read in here and get all the help I can. From cleaning the cage, to shampoo (and how often for that matter), to foods they like. I just want to make the 2 newest members of our family very happy and comfortable.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. merry Christmas all !!:)

foggycreekcavy
12-25-13, 09:42 pm
Any tips you can give would be great - what is a must have? don't bother with ______ ... etc.. I'm going to continue to read in here and get all the help I can. From cleaning the cage, to shampoo (and how often for that matter), to foods they like. I just want to make the 2 newest members of our family very happy and comfortable.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. merry Christmas all !!:)

I don't understand the "don't bother with" part.

Welcome to the forum!

qweenb76
12-25-13, 09:52 pm
Sorry, what I meant was things I won't need. I don't want to bother buying things if they won't like it.

foggycreekcavy
12-25-13, 10:40 pm
Oh, gotcha!

I recommend reading the Care Guide at www.guinealynx.info .

If you decide to do fleece bedding, don't bother with the smaller corner litter boxes. They are too small for the pigs to really use, and just take up space.