Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to the forum and new guinea pig owner!

KatherinesPigs

Cavy Slave
I have recently adopted two tiny guinea pigs into my family. One is an all white Abyssinian with blue eyes and another is a soft medium haired pig with white orange and brown. They are both lovely and very sweet. As of now they are a bit nervous because I just brought them home, and they are in a temporary cage. I have other pets, a very timid cat and 3 dogs. Any tips for dealing with them and the pigs would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading, I am very excited!

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Welcome and nice to meet you! Your piggies sound beautiful! Do you have any pigtures?

KatherinesPigs

Cavy Slave
I think I will take and post some tomorrow. They are a little skittish right now and I don't want to stress them out too much so hopefully they will calm down a little by tomorrow! :)

KatherinesPigs

Cavy Slave
IMG_0200.jpgIMG_0201.jpg Oh, I think the second picture is funny. The white piggy is Luna and then her sister is Evie.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! :D

What gorgeous piggies!

Don't be offended if they still haven't calmed down by next week, or even next month. It all depends on the individual pig, and some can take a long time to get settled. It doesn't mean they dislike you, it just means they're very timid little prey animals that are scared of everything haha! Fingers crossed you've got a confident pair and you'll be snuggling them in no time :)

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
They are too cute!!! I love that Luna is already showing her abbytude! Haha the look she has is the second picture cracks me up. Evie's coloring is beautiful. :) By the way, loves the names!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Aww they are so cute! I love the names especially Luna, I've always loved that name :)

KatherinesPigs

Cavy Slave
Thank you everyone, I named Luna after my favorite character in Harry Potter- Luna Lovegood. Haha she's a goof, and was nibbling on my toes when I let them out for some floor time. I already see progress in them and are venturing out of their hiding places more often than before! A girl can hope...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.