Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Where can I get the edible color dye?

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
You know all the toy wooden stuff that's all different colors and it says its safe to chew? I want to "paint" Penelope's wooden hidey house so I decided to try and find some edible dye that's safe for animals. I mean its a flat surface, she can't chew it, but if it's safe to chew it's safe to smell!

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some of that stuff? Or if it has a specific name?
Is food dye the same thing?

I'm not sure if I'm in the right area for this question, if not, please move me! Thanks! :)

My_3_LittlePigs

Cavy Slave
Food coloring is edible for humans, not sure if it is for guinea pigs. Food coloring can be found in the baking section of the supermarket. But I'd look further into if it's edible for pigs, I'm not sure what's in food coloring..

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
I would go to the cake supply store. I'd probably get gel frosting coloring and apply it to the wood like you would a stain. :)

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Look into dyes for parrot toys. They would be safe for pigs. Lots of parrot owners make their own parrot toys, I bet they sell those dyes or would have resources on what is safe to use.

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Could you use vegetable dies?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.