PDA

View Full Version : Zip Ties Re-using Zip Ties?

LuvCavysLuvCats
12-21-13, 04:56 pm
So I've read a few times on here that you can re-use zip ties. I always thought once you zip them, the only way to get them off was to cut them. Would anyone mind telling me how to un-zip zip ties? I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you! :)

bpatters
12-21-13, 05:01 pm
As far as I know, they have to be cut off. I never saw a reusable one.

kltohlman
12-21-13, 05:04 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Reusable-Self-Gripping-Inches-91140/dp/B001E1Y5O6

I use these for things like water bottles and holding up grids on top for fleece forest.

LuvCavysLuvCats
12-21-13, 05:06 pm
Never mind I googled it! You can use really anything pointy, like a paper clip or nail and push on the latch inside the zip lock part and it should release it! I just tried it and it worked for me! :)

LuvCavysLuvCats
12-21-13, 05:16 pm
Well really you're pushing up the latch, there is a YouTube video on it if you're curious. I know they are super cheap but I like to test out different things on Penelope's room and sometimes it doesn't work or I change my mind and I hate wasting things. Haha

spy9doc
12-22-13, 09:31 am
I use these for things like water bottles and holding up grids on top for fleece forest.

Yes, I use them as well. Look around for the larger ones that are 1" x 11"......they actually work better for water bottles. Not sure where I bought them, but will do a bit of searching.

barbaramudge
12-22-13, 09:52 am
Have any of you ever used the metal zip ties?

spy9doc
12-22-13, 10:30 am
Have any of you ever used the metal zip ties?

No, actually never even considered them because most I've seen have sharp edges. Do you have something specific in mind? If so, can you post a pic?

Rabbit_Lover
12-22-13, 11:00 am
It is a pain,but yes you can. Seems like you've already figured it out though (:

barbaramudge
12-22-13, 11:16 am
No, actually never even considered them because most I've seen have sharp edges. Do you have something specific in mind? If so, can you post a pic?

I didn't buy any, I just happen to see some in a hardware ad. Sharp edges is kinda why I asked. I wondered about it. I think if I want to use metal I'll probably have my husband make me some custom clips at work. That way I'll know they are safe.