Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Cage Christmas Decoration Ideas?

korryn92

Cavy Slave
OK, so I love the holiday season and I don't have much room to put decorations throughout my bedroom and TV room. I am hoping to get some of the window stickers to put on my windows.

I was wanting tips on safe ways to decorate a C&C cage. One of my pigs is sort of a climber so I can't put light on top or anything on top that could harm him if chewed. I have my cage on a table so I could probably decorate the lower part of the cage where the coroplast will prevent them from chewing anything, and I could decorate around the table possibly. I have blue coroplast so if I put the see threw window stickers they would look funny and the colors wouldn't look right.

Any ideas on how to spruce up the cage for the holidays? How do you decorate your cage for the holidays? Oh and one more thing, all the walls are grids there's no plexi-glass panels.

Gandalf

Cavy Slave
There is a fairly recent thread called "Christmas Cages" (I think). You might be able to find it with a forum search.

I got a Christmas fleece blanket from wal-mart for under $5 and then put it on top of my usual fleece liner. They have numerous Christmas patterns.

But that thread will probably show more ideas...

korryn92

Cavy Slave
Thank you for letting me know!

I usually do the search but forgot this time :)

Traysea

Cavy Slave
how about...

put garland and lights around the bottom of the cage
hang ornaments off the garland
cable tie plastic ornaments and stocking off the top of the cage on the outside
use holiday colors for your fleece
sew a holiday themed tunnel to look like stocking
if there is room on the table, wrap some boxes to look like presents (or get some piggy stuff to fill them with!)

korryn92

Cavy Slave
Those are awesome ideas!

I just have one question, will the lights get hot if they are left on for longer periods of time? Do you know of some that stay cool?

Gandalf

Cavy Slave
The LED lights stay cool. But I still turn them off when I'm not around.

Traysea

Cavy Slave
I only keep the lights on when I am around. I don't think they get hot enough to make a difference for the piggies if they get hot at all. They are made to go in trees (which are either living or plastic) so they should be fine to leave on. I don't leave them on but that is what they are made to do. The heat they throw off if any should dissipate and it is blocked by the coroplast and held a little away from the coro by the grids. Im not sure what kind I have, but my lights are in tubing.
1458488_10202397885325635_497203380_n.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.