PDA

View Full Version : Just stopping by to say hi :)

lvcisme
12-11-13, 06:46 pm
Hello my name is Lindsay and I'm from San Diego, CA. Yesterday I brought home my very first pair of guinea piggies! My boyfriend and I couldn't be any more excited.

We have one Aby named Stella, who's three weeks old, and one American named Chili, she's only one week old. They're a lil shy right now but they're warming up to us very quickly!

Princess_Piggie
12-11-13, 06:52 pm
Did you miss-type one week? I only ask because pups should be with their mothers until they are 4-6 weeks old, it's not really considered good practice to remove them from their mother so young.

Any chance of pigtures? I'd love to see their cute little faces :D

lvcisme
12-11-13, 06:58 pm

Yes she is about one week. Unfortunately out of all the research I did, I did not know that I was doing bad for her.

Princess_Piggie
12-11-13, 07:01 pm
Oh god, I can't handle how cute they are!

It's not that it's 'bad' for them, I mean they're born COMPLETELY capable etc, just the general age of separation is three weeks minimum from what I've read. Just make sure your little one's getting tonnes of calcium and she'll be fine :) Oh, and cuddles, can't bring a baby guinea pig up without the cuddles hehe.

lvcisme
12-11-13, 07:06 pm
Little Chili has one blue eye and it is the cutest thing!! When they are less shy I'll make sure to update with some more pictures :)

Oh ok, well that makes me feel a little better. But yes I am making sure of that!! She needs to grow up nice and strong! Cuddles are a foreign thing to her right now haha but soon she'll learn that I'm not the big bad wolf and that I have nothing but love to give to her.

Princess_Piggie
12-11-13, 07:10 pm
Awww, I've never seen a blue eyed before! Can't wait to see pigtures of her growing up. Just a suggestion, but since you're lucky enough to have her from a young age, why not do the 'photo progression story' thing? Try and take a photo of her in the same position every day for a year, then put them in to a video and watch her grow again! I think that'd make a great memory to look back on :D

Don't feel bad at all, it's not really common knowledge, and it's not a HUGE deal if they're taken away early either, as long as they get all the nutrients they need.

Funny really, the little ones are the ones you wanna cuddle the most, and they're the first to run away!

You're lucky your boyfriend's excited, mine just calls my guinea pigs fluffy trains. He thinks because they have sloping faces they look like trains, and because they like going through tunnels as well....caught myself an odd one haven't I haha!