Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Some people are just dumb

smoot

Cavy Slave
This post probably violates someone's forum rules but it made me really mad so here:

I was just perusing another guinea pig forum and someone had purchased a boar and sow from a petstore and intended to breed but changed her mind (Yay!). But now her dilemma is she doesn't know what to do: neuter a pig, keep them in separate cages, or get rid of one.

So someone else on the forum replies that she should get the boar neutered because she shouldn't breed petshop pigs anyway because you don't know what their backgrounds are.>(

She shouldn't breed her pigs because we don't need anymore guinea pigs, period!

Am I being too sensitive about this? :grumpy:

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Of course, you shouldn't breed at all, we all know that. But, I agree with what she said. She has a valid point, though I don't support her because it promotes some type of breeding.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I don't think you were being too sensitive at all. I think the answer should have been that they shouldn't breed any pigs and should get the boar neutered, so they can live together. Am I correct in saying that neutering is a safer operation than spaying since it typically requires less invasion?

ellenvega

Cavy Slave
Neutering is safer. I wouldn't spay unless you have a vet who's done it many times before and there was absolutely no other choice.

thecalders

Cavy Slave
I know the thread you are talking about... the site just confuses me, most of the people their seem to encourage breeding, they get so excited when they find out about pregnant pigs:mad:

One thread I saw that I think disgusted me a little more then this one was a girl with a peruvian (sp? sleeping babe in arms cant spell check) who really wanted to bread it, and was UPSET with a friend for returning her SICK male pig to the pet store because she was counting on the boar for breeding:eek:

Everyone is so upset and sad when they loose a pig, afterall, they never intended to kill their (or childs) pet. They claim to have done research, but how is that possible when the truth is so plainly available to those with the internet.

I found this site because I was thinking about getting my first G. Pig, and thought, "would it be nice to have babies? (yeah I know that is enough to make a few heads here start revolving in 360 circles... sorry). I simply typed breeding and guinea pig into google and got my head examined here before any harm came from my stupidity.

Well, perhaps you can't change the world, but you don't have to be a willing participant.

Funnygpigs

Cavy Slave
Nicely said! lol
thecalders said:
I know the thread you are talking about... the site just confuses me, most of the people their seem to encourage breeding, they get so excited when they find out about pregnant pigs:mad:

One thread I saw that I think disgusted me a little more then this one was a girl with a peruvian (sp? sleeping babe in arms cant spell check) who really wanted to bread it, and was UPSET with a friend for returning her SICK male pig to the pet store because she was counting on the boar for breeding:eek:

Everyone is so upset and sad when they loose a pig, afterall, they never intended to kill their (or childs) pet. They claim to have done research, but how is that possible when the truth is so plainly available to those with the internet.

I found this site because I was thinking about getting my first G. Pig, and thought, "would it be nice to have babies? (yeah I know that is enough to make a few heads here start revolving in 360 circles... sorry). I simply typed breeding and guinea pig into google and got my head examined here before any harm came from my stupidity.

Well, perhaps you can't change the world, but you don't have to be a willing participant.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.