Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Steph, Dagny & Rango!

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
Hi fellow pig parents! My name is Steph and I am the proud mother of two adorable guinea pigs named Dagny and Rango.
I wanted a guinea pig since I was 16, but parents, money, and school all kept me from getting one. In college I became very stressed being in school full time and working part time. With one semester left I decided to get a guinea pig, and it was the best decision I ever made! Taking time away from my homework to care for Dagny made me so happy, that semester was a breeze!

I adopted Dagny from the SPCA in December 2012. I went in to adopt a boy pig planning to name him Dexter. When I arrived he was being adopted by another family :( Dagny had just arrived at the SPCA and her previous owners thought she was a boy. Her name for the first year of her life was Dexter :) My first piggy soul mate. I renamed her after my favorite female character from my favorite book.
She lived in a 'large' store bought cage for about 2 weeks until her C&C palace arrived and her personality shined :)

In september, I moved out of my small bedroom in my parents house and into an apartment with my future fiance (a.k.a. pig daddy)
We adopted Rango from the Piggles Rescue on the 1st of November this year. I contacted them and described Dagny's personality and she suggested Rango and and we've never been happier! They are very fond of eachother, and I think it was love at first smell :)
They are amazing animals! I love them both so much.

Here is the happy couple:
IMG_9001.jpg
Rango on the left and Dagny on the right. They are both approximately 2 years old.

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Cute Pigs! Welcome Steph! I hope you stick around. :D

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
Thank you very much! This site has been very useful for all my research in the past year. I also love everything I've ordered from the cages store and the fleece market! I plan to order more to spoil the pigs :)

ForeverEmber

Cavy Slave
I'm adopting my girls from Piggles too! I am so excited and they are getting quite spoiled before they have even arrived :p

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Just curious but you didn't say if Rango was a boy or girl. :)

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
I'm adopting my girls from Piggles too! I am so excited and they are getting quite spoiled before they have even arrived :p
Yay! That's awesome, Piggles is a wonderful rescue! Are you adopting Candy and Toffee?! I saw them on their site, they are beautiful :)

ForeverEmber

Cavy Slave
Yay! That's awesome, Piggles is a wonderful rescue! Are you adopting Candy and Toffee?! I saw them on their site, they are beautiful :)
Yeah that's them!! n_n I'm glad you like them too

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.