Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! I also need some advice about my piggy!

SesshyBooBoo

Cavy Slave
Hello I'm new to this forum. My name is Nia and my guinea pig is named Sesshomaru but everyone calls him Boo Boo. He is three years old and I love him very much.

Unfortunately I gave him a bath last night (For the second time ever since having him. The first one I gave him was back in August) and he freaked out. The first time I ever gave him a bath he barely flinched. I got some soap in his eyes (Squeaky Clean by SuperPet that I bought at Petco but it said it's tearless). It flushed out and he seems to be seeing fine but since the bath he hasn't stopped itching himself and scratching/biting his fur near his grease gland. last night was the first time I have ever cleaned it. I have noticed he hasn't been eating as much and I haven't seen him drink since last night. I have given him a couple pieces of romaine lettuce and some kale and rinsed it under cool water to get some more water intake for him. He's eating some hay right now.

I schedule a vet appointment tomorrow at 9am for him so I am hoping and praying he will be alright until then.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Thank you and I am happy to be a member here

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Hello! Welcome! I am so sorry I missed this. How did the vet visit go? Sounds like mites to me--when bathed, pigs with mites seem to have more discomfort.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.