Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

SamIAm

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! My name is Sam (as in Samantha). I have been lurking around here for months, ok probably over a year now. I cannot thank everyone enough for all of the awesome info I've gathered from here! My piggers thank you immensely also!

I am a pediatrics nurse. I am married (my poor husband). And we have 2 dogs (chihuahua/shin tzu mix and a cockapoo), 6 fire bellied toads, a ton of bettas (9), some other fish as well, 3 ferrets, and 6 guinea pigs.

My pigs are: Gus (rescued, probably a few years old, and he has heart disease, but is doing very, very well, much to my vets surprise :) ), Toby (Gus's cagemate/brother, rescued together with Gus), Huxley (a skinny pig, a little over a year old, very sassy), Linus (who I got as a cagemate for Hux, but didn't work out, also around a year old), Jose -as in no way Jose- what my husband told me about bringing him home (rescued with a severe impaction and loose stools, now Linus's cagemate, super sweet and very healthy now), and Max (newly rescued, as in tonight, seems super sweet also, has some crazy head "bobbling" -possibly a Neuro condition?, but is doing great, better than any of my other rescues with adapting to a new cage/home/food).

So that's our crazy zoo of a household, but I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Sam

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Hello Sam! I am new too :p welcome!

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! My name is Sam (as in Samantha). I have been lurking around here for months, ok probably over a year now. I cannot thank everyone enough for all of the awesome info I've gathered from here! My piggers thank you immensely also!

I am a pediatrics nurse. I am married (my poor husband). And we have 2 dogs (chihuahua/shin tzu mix and a cockapoo), 6 fire bellied toads, a ton of bettas (9), some other fish as well, 3 ferrets, and 6 guinea pigs.

My pigs are: Gus (rescued, probably a few years old, and he has heart disease, but is doing very, very well, much to my vets surprise :) ), Toby (Gus's cagemate/brother, rescued together with Gus), Huxley (a skinny pig, a little over a year old, very sassy), Linus (who I got as a cagemate for Hux, but didn't work out, also around a year old), Jose -as in no way Jose- what my husband told me about bringing him home (rescued with a severe impaction and loose stools, now Linus's cagemate, super sweet and very healthy now), and Max (newly rescued, as in tonight, seems super sweet also, has some crazy head "bobbling" -possibly a Neuro condition?, but is doing great, better than any of my other rescues with adapting to a new cage/home/food).

So that's our crazy zoo of a household, but I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Sam
Welcome!! your pigs are so lucky to have you!! You sound like an awesome piggy parent!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome and thanks for joining.

That's quite a herd you have there lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.