PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone- new slave here!

Lauren03
12-01-13, 09:11 am
Hi everyone, I'm Lauren :)
I'm pretty excited to start posting on here, as I've been stalking this forum without an account for a while now.
Anyways, I have three pigs- Elsie, Timmy and Howie- that live in two separate petstore cages. They have to be separated due to Timmy and Howie gaining up on and bullying Elsie.

I got interested in pigs a few years back when my best friend got one for her birthday. I started doing some research, and my mom agreed to let me get Elsie. Now from the start I was all for a C&C cage. I'd come across them during my research and thought they were great. But when I mentioned them to my mom, saying they were bigger and far better, she had already gotten a cage for my future pig, and said that maybe we could upgrade later. That seemed okay to me at the time. We got Elsie from Petsmart.

About nine moths or so after that, I wanted to adopt a friend for Elsie. It just so happened that a friend of a friend was getting rid of her two bonded pigs, along with a far bigger cage and tons of accessories for free. No surprise, I took them, and introduced them to Elsie. All seemed good, so I put Elsie in the bigger cage with them. Everything was going great for the first few weeks. Then they started fighting. I separated them. After a few days, I put them back together. No fighting. But Elsie seemed to be hiding in one corner, and looked really hungry. It didn't take me long to realize that Timmy and Howie weren't letting Elsie near the food. So I separated them again. Now, I have the doors of both cages open right next to each other, so they can poke their heads at each other and such. It's going good, only a little bit of teeth chattering//threatening noises. I am hoping that in the 2X5 cage I am collecting materials for with two food areas instead of one and plenty of hideys, the three will get along perfectly.

Phew, that turned out longer than I thought it would. I'd love to post some pictures, but I don't have any quality ones right now. GRR. I'll have to go steal my mom's camera.

Thanks for reading, and I'm really excited to meet y'all!

GuineaPigster
12-01-13, 09:18 am
Welcome!!! They're all boys, yes?
I can't wait to see pigtures!!

sugarandspice
12-01-13, 09:24 am
Welcome to the forum. :)

What genders are your pigs?

It doesn't sound like you introduced them correctly, and more often than not, introductions are usually successful. After a few days, you just put her in the other twos cage? They need to be introduced on neutral territory like a kitchen floor. When you get a brand new 2x5, you can introduce them in there. And can you further explain the "fighting"? What was happening?

I would try to get your C&C cage before you introduce them. Most likely, your cages are not big enough to accommodate three pigs, let alone two.

I would move your cages away from each other. If you introduce them, let them sniff each other and such, and separate them, it is just going to make matters worse when you introduce them. Keep in mind that when you separate and introduce constantly, the whole introduction process starts over.

Pigtures?

piggiepigpigs75
12-01-13, 09:33 am
Hi everyone, I'm Lauren :)
I'm pretty excited to start posting on here, as I've been stalking this forum without an account for a while now.
Anyways, I have three pigs- Elsie, Timmy and Howie- that live in two separate petstore cages. They have to be separated due to Timmy and Howie gaining up on and bullying Elsie.

I got interested in pigs a few years back when my best friend got one for her birthday. I started doing some research, and my mom agreed to let me get Elsie. Now from the start I was all for a C&C cage. I'd come across them during my research and thought they were great. But when I mentioned them to my mom, saying they were bigger and far better, she had already gotten a cage for my future pig, and said that maybe we could upgrade later. That seemed okay to me at the time. We got Elsie from Petsmart.

About nine moths or so after that, I wanted to adopt a friend for Elsie. It just so happened that a friend of a friend was getting rid of her two bonded pigs, along with a far bigger cage and tons of accessories for free. No surprise, I took them, and introduced them to Elsie. All seemed good, so I put Elsie in the bigger cage with them. Everything was going great for the first few weeks. Then they started fighting. I separated them. After a few days, I put them back together. No fighting. But Elsie seemed to be hiding in one corner, and looked really hungry. It didn't take me long to realize that Timmy and Howie weren't letting Elsie near the food. So I separated them again. Now, I have the doors of both cages open right next to each other, so they can poke their heads at each other and such. It's going good, only a little bit of teeth chattering//threatening noises. I am hoping that in the 2X5 cage I am collecting materials for with two food areas instead of one and plenty of hideys, the three will get along perfectly.

Phew, that turned out longer than I thought it would. I'd love to post some pictures, but I don't have any quality ones right now. GRR. I'll have to go steal my mom's camera.

Thanks for reading, and I'm really excited to meet y'all!

What gender are your piggies??
A 2x5 will be perfect!!!

Guineapigpro
12-01-13, 10:53 am
Welcome to the forum. :)

What genders are your pigs?

It doesn't sound like you introduced them correctly, and more often than not, introductions are usually successful. After a few days, you just put her in the other twos cage? They need to be introduced on neutral territory like a kitchen floor. When you get a brand new 2x5, you can introduce them in there. And can you further explain the "fighting"? What was happening?

I would try to get your C&C cage before you introduce them. Most likely, your cages are not big enough to accommodate three pigs, let alone two.

I would move your cages away from each other. If you introduce them, let them sniff each other and such, and separate them, it is just going to make matters worse when you introduce them. Keep in mind that when you separate and introduce constantly, the whole introduction process starts over.

Pigtures?

Mine were unsuccessful, also. They're not always perfect. :)

Guineapigpro
12-01-13, 10:54 am
Also, welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you here!