Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello everyone!

AnoherKim

Cavy Slave
My name is Kim (go figure, lol). My 9 y/o daughter just joined 4H and decided she wanted a cavy. To be honest, guinea pigs kind of freak me out. It's something about the squealing... but I'm hoping I can grow to love them. The week old babies that I held last week melted my heart. We won't be getting our babies until mid-December. Mia picked out a solid American sow in a reddish-brown color. Then I came home and started investigating more about cavys and found that they need a friend, soooo.... I'm hoping to get a tortoise-shell American sow from the same breeder. Those babes were due last week, so I hope I can bring one home at he same time as the other.
So, the plan is to build a grid cage, I'm thinking 2X5, and using fleece flippers in it. I already have the fleece. I'm so excited about making the flippers and some toys, that I'm planning to make some for my step son's rescue guinea pigs. He's using a C & C cage with shavings at this time. I think he might like the flippers. I haven't seen his pigs since he has his own apartment. He's had them for a year, so I'm really relying on his expert advice, lol.

Anyway. I can't wait to get to know you all. Off to investigate the forums.

Kim

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.