Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi everyone!! New here!!!

luvaunie

Cavy Slave
Hello! My name is Andrea and this is Alex, hanging out in his new snuggle sack. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384565417.415599.jpg
He is actually my daughter's (first) piggie. She got him almost 3 weeks ago for her birthday. He has taken up with my daughter and I very well, but doesn't really care for everyone else yet. He now come out when she or I call him and has even started getting excited, jumping around and squeaking when we walk in the room. It was so adorable earlier today, after I finished sewing him the SS, I put it in the cage to see how he liked it and he ran in, sniffed around and started purring and rolling around in it. He hasn't been here very long but has already won our hearts.

I have to take him to the vet Monday, though. He has a few spots by his rear and on his toes that are bald and flakey. :( Hope its nothing to serious. We really love this little guy.

Anyways, I'm so excited to be here and can't wait to jump in and find out the best ways to spoil him. :)

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm so excited for you! So exciting! I love seeing my pig when his personality truly shines. I also know you can learn a lot on this forum! I hope you enjoy your time here! :D

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Slave
Awe, he is so cute! Welcome to the forum! He may have mites, due to the scaly skin. :( good luck and welcome!

luvaunie

Cavy Slave
Thank you! Yeah I told my daughter I think it's mites. He has been scratching ever since we got him, but didn't notice any spots. Well, today when I was petting him, he was rolling over onto his side and that's when I noticed his rear. It looks flakey like when dogs have mange. I then thoroughly searched him to see if he had anymore spots and the only other spots are in between his toes.

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Slave
I vet visit is the best thing for him. Seems like you caught it semi-early. Hopefully it's not too bad!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.