PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cage?

*Piglets-Angel*
09-05-05, 10:15 pm
Hi, I haven't been on the forum for a while. All my piggies are fine. Anyway, I can build my pigs' a cage as big as I want, I currently have two 3x3 C&C cages 2 pigs in each cage, and I can build up if I want. I want to expand to 2 3x3's with a 2x3 lofts, but how do I clean the bottom? The cages are on a high table so it will be hard to clean it. I will post pictures of the cages soon. So how do all of you clean the bottom part if you have a loft like this?

Ly&Pigs
09-05-05, 10:21 pm
My cages sit on the floor and there would be no way I could clean a 3x4 main level, 3 story C&C if it was on a table.

littlebear
09-05-05, 11:53 pm
I think you can put the cage on the ground my pigs do fine with it like that. I justa have a storgae level to protect them from any drafts. I have two cavys in a 2x5 with a 1x2 top. So they are very happy.

Percy's Mom
09-06-05, 05:16 am
Hmm...my cage won't be near that big, but maybe you could use a ShopVac to get the mess out of the lower level? What kind of bedding do you use?

*Piglets-Angel*
09-06-05, 12:49 pm
No, the cages have to stay on the table. I would keep the cages on the floor but that is not an option. I'm using carefresh with newspaper under it.

JennG
09-06-05, 08:53 pm
You can get a step stool from Walmart for around $20. I'm 6' tall and just built a third level. I have to use a small step stool but I want to get the one from Wallyworld to get up there closer. It'll be easier on my arms. My cage is very tall. I have my palace on top of storage, so its actually four grids high. Whew!!