Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Idea's for support beams

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
I had this idea to take a piece of wood, smaller than 1x1 inch, and drill holes into the top and bottom, and then attach it to the cage with cable ties to create a support beam for the top level. Does this sound like it will work. I'm haivng a hard time finding ideas for support beams on the site. Am I completely missing them? :confused:

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
PVC piping cut to size is great. Or other grids.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
I just built a cage that is only supported by 3/4ths of the outside edges, is 2 grids off the floor, and has an entirely open bottom 2x4 cage without using any pvc or wood supports. I just used connectors to make a 2x4 base and then took extra grids and tied them over where the grids connect. Then I attached grids around the edges except the front to raise it off the floor. I'll see if I can get some pictures later. I didn't take any while I was setting up the cage. Anything wider than a 2 grids would definitely need more support than just extra grids and anything longer than 4 grids.. maybe 5 grids.. would also probably need more support. The top cage is actually 2x8 but has supports on the other half of the 2x4 area.

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
Just one of the many small challanges of having a 2 story cage, I suppose. Tomorrows challange, picking 2 colours that look good with the cage, as well as my bed room. Blue and green are probably going to be my choice, even though I love red, and yellow. *trying to make the cage, and my room all flow together*

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.