PDA

View Full Version : Idea's for support beams

Lyndsay
09-05-05, 12:34 pm
I had this idea to take a piece of wood, smaller than 1x1 inch, and drill holes into the top and bottom, and then attach it to the cage with cable ties to create a support beam for the top level. Does this sound like it will work. I'm haivng a hard time finding ideas for support beams on the site. Am I completely missing them? :confused:

LuvMyPiggers
09-05-05, 12:37 pm
PVC piping cut to size is great. Or other grids.

aqh88
09-05-05, 01:01 pm
I just built a cage that is only supported by 3/4ths of the outside edges, is 2 grids off the floor, and has an entirely open bottom 2x4 cage without using any pvc or wood supports. I just used connectors to make a 2x4 base and then took extra grids and tied them over where the grids connect. Then I attached grids around the edges except the front to raise it off the floor. I'll see if I can get some pictures later. I didn't take any while I was setting up the cage. Anything wider than a 2 grids would definitely need more support than just extra grids and anything longer than 4 grids.. maybe 5 grids.. would also probably need more support. The top cage is actually 2x8 but has supports on the other half of the 2x4 area.

Lyndsay
09-05-05, 01:05 pm
Just one of the many small challanges of having a 2 story cage, I suppose. Tomorrows challange, picking 2 colours that look good with the cage, as well as my bed room. Blue and green are probably going to be my choice, even though I love red, and yellow. *trying to make the cage, and my room all flow together*